Friday, October 24, 2008

St. Gabriel's Catholic Church: Interior Detail

Confessional

Continuing the post over on D.C. Confidential today, here are some interior shots from St. Gabriel's Catholic Church at Grant Circle in Petworth.

Stairs to/from the choir loft.*


Detail of woodwork, looking up toward the choir loft.


Organ and pipes in the choir loft.


Light fixture from the choir loft.


One of four chapels in the sanctuary. Note a hint of the altar on the right.
Visit D.C. Confidential tomorrow to see pictures of the altar.


Come back tomorrow to see pictures of the church's stained glass here at SRO and visit D.C. Confidential for pictures of the church's altar.

*I almost used this picture last week as part of a 2 Things Challenge.

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 10/08

2 comments:

Greyhound Girl said...

These are simply stunning. I love them all!

And the organ. wow.i would love to play that just once.

Janet Kincaid said...

Prof: If you ever come to town, let me know and I'll introduce you to Fr. Mateo. I'm sure he'd let you play the church's organ.